Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Best Wishes - Card Challenge

In addition to making cards for people, events, and hobby, I also love to submit cards to challenges.  I find it tests my creativity, and makes me think outside the box.  Also, I have been told I am competitive, although, I am not so sure that is a factor!

I made this card for a co-worker who ended his job rotation at our office and is returning to his old office across town.  The need to make this card came at the same time the challenge arose, so I took the opportunity to try it out.  Cards Magazine has this great Create: Blog, and the challenge of the week was to make a card using at least three border punches.

So, to start with, I took three papers, and cut them down to various sizes, and then used border punches by Recollections and Martha Stewart Crafts to make edges on both sides, which I then adhered to the card stock (Recollections).

Then, I cut down the green paper, and used the Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page - corner to make the punch to incorporate a tag-like feel.  I then stamped Best Wishes with Studio G ink on a K&Company tag, and then adhered to the top of the makeshift green tag.  Lastly, I added bakers twine and used 3-D Pop Dots to make it stand out. 

I didn't win, but it was a great challenge, and even better card! 

No comments:

Post a Comment