Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Personal Card - Birthday


Typically orange is not my favorite color, but I have to say put on the right papers, it sure comes together beautifully! Earlier this year I had purchased a couple of new paper stack at Michaels (they were half off!!) that actually were along the same lines:  Recollections Animal Kindgom and DCWV Wild Thing stacks.   They featured beautiful papers with animal prints.  Seeing all the pretty oranges I decied to have a little bit of mix & match.

I picked out about eight different patterns, and used my Creative Memories hexagon punch to cut out the shapes.  On my Recollections card stock, I glued a pattern of hexagon's down on the bottom.  This took a little time and I had to cut them down in size as well so it would lay like a strip of paper across the bottom of the card.
Over the top of the papers I took adhesive ribbon and punched a small hole to add the button brad and sheer bown to the left side, and then adhered to the top of the card.

Lastly, I added 3 hexagon shapes on the top of the page, the middle one having a pop dot so it stood out, and then added the J initial sticker (Making Memories).


Not bad for orange???


1 comment: