Saturday, October 8, 2011

Falling for You - PDCC #102

Look at the fun colors on this card!!

So, I found another fun online blog to participate in challenges for. It is called the The Play Date Cafe and it hosts fun challenges that I always love to see the neat designs that come out of them.  I got overly ambitious and decided to try it myself. 

This challenge required a color scheme of Frightening Fuchsia, Putrid Purple, Slime Green, and Black as Night - spooky colors for Halloween.


My card incorporated those colors, but I used a different theme than Halloween.  Instead,  I used the fuchsia as a backdrop, using my Martha Stewart Edger to give the cardstock some flair.  Then, I used Studio G stamps and ink to place the sentiment on the green card stock.  I placed Making Memories green gems around the trees for falling leaves.  I layered the green on top of the purple and black cardstock, then tying it together with purple ribbon by Offray. Lastly on the card I used purple ink to place the leaves and green gems to tie it together. 

What do you think?  Do you like it?


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found us and played along! Wonderful take on the colors :) Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card and i'm loving the bling on this one :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet fall card Tiffany! Great use of the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete