Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Thanks - Bright & Cheery Card

As fall sets in, I am reflecting on summer and the beautiful colors I will miss come winter.  Like yellow!  This yellow always calls out to me.  I just love the sunshine feel to it, warm & bright, full of happiness. I love this color combination so much, I have used it on a different variation of this card before. It is perfect for a thank you note!

First, I layered two different sheets of paper from DCWV's Street Lace stack.  The black deco on the bottom, and the white deco on the top. Then I used a yellow piece from DCWV's border strips.  It is textured, so it has a nice feel to it.  I trimmed down the edge with my Martha Stewart Crafts edger, and then stamped the Thanks Sentiment on (Studio G stamp & ink).  I then used some Offray ribbon across the top and fashioned a bow, using a button brad by Making Memories to secure the bow to the page.

All in all, simple yet lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Tiffany, I LOVE the damask design papers you've used....subtle on the top, bold on the bottom. A very elegant card!

    ReplyDelete