Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Best Wishes - Bridal Shower Card

For my little sister's bridal shower, I fashioned a card that reminded me of old school elegance, yet pulled in her wedding colors: red, black, and silver.

First, I cut down a sheet from the DCWV Nautical stack and trimmed it to the size of a card. I love the pattern and color of the red!

Next, I trimmed down a black piece of cardstock and then used my Martha Stewart Crafts edger to make the cool doily lace edge and adhered to the card.

I then took a piece of paper doily (I think I got this at the dollar store!) and trimmed it down and folded it over the edge of the card and black strip. Before adhering to the card, I took out my black stamp pad ink and went over the white.  It dulled it down so it was not so blaring white and made the doily look more authentic.  Then I adhered to the card and trimmed off any excess and then added black and red adhesive gems from Recollections to the doily design for a little bling.

Last, I used EK Success letter stickers to spell out best wishes in silver foil.

No comments:

Post a Comment