Monday, September 12, 2011

A Retirement Card

Recently one of the managers at my job retired.  I made this card to present to him at his retirement party.  The colors were clean and simple, yet classic, very much like him who among many of his achievements use to be a police officer .

The cardstock is from Recollections. To start off with I cut down a DCWV mat stack piece from the La Creme collection (bottom cream with black designs) and adhered to the card.  I then took another coordinating paper from the same mat stack and used my Martha Stewart edger t make the circle designs and then adhered to the card.

On top, I use my Marvy Uchida scalloped circle punch to cut down black paper.  On top of it, I used a smaller Marvy Uchida circle punch to cut down a piece of coordinating paper from the Street Lace paper stack by DCWV.  I then adhered to the card.

Lastly, I cut down some Recollections creme card stock and used a celebrate sentiment stamp.  To draw the eye to the sentiment, I used some of my Recollections black adhesive gems.

I love the simple, yet elegant look of this card!

Have a nice Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment