Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Boy Card?

One of the harder cards for me to design is the "boy" cards as I call them.  Ultimately when I design them for a person, I try to reflect part of that person into the card to make it more personal.  Well, not many of the "boys" I know are pretty, sparkly, or shiny like many of the papers and embellishments I own, which requires more thought when making my selections for "boy" cards.
So this is one of the cards I made for Father's Day for one of the many "Grandpa's" we send our love too.  It was getting close to July and I acquired some beautiful papers that played into the Red, White and Blue theme as well as dug out some coordinating scraps for another project I was working on.  Somehow it translated into a card.

First, I took 4 blue papers (most are DCWV, although one is a scrap I have had for quite some time) and used my square punch (Creative Memories) to punch them into square shapes.  Then I used my corner rounder (also Creative Memories) to round two of the opposing corners on each square.  I then adhered them to the white card stock (Recollections). 

I then took my Marvy Uchida star punch and punched a single star from red cardstock which I adhered to the page with a pop-dot to make it stand out a little bit.  Lastly I added the Grandpa with Making Memories letters I had on hand.

Overall, not bad for a boy card, and many of the men in our family are extremely patriotic, so this fit the personality too!

No comments:

Post a Comment