Friday, September 16, 2011

Thinking of You - Card

Thinking of you cards are one of the toughest to make.  (Aside from "boy" cards!). I always want to be sensitive to the message, but at the same time, making a fashion statement with card.
For this card, I tried to keep it clean and simple, yet elegant.

I started with selecting some pretty blue papers from the DCWV Nautical stack.  I cut them down to strips, and then used my Martha Stewart Crafts edger on each one.  I then layered them over each other adhering with no specific pattern.

At the top of the layered pieces, I adhered a blue polka dot ribbon by Celebrate It - Basic Narrows, and then fashioned a folded over ribbon which I secured with a brad on the left hand side.  I then adhered the whole chunk to the card. 

Lastly, I used my Studio G stamps and ink to add the the "thinking of you" sentiment to the card.

I love the colors of the card.  Blue is one of my favorite colors to put on a card. :)

Thanks for checking out my latest creation!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, love all those scalloped layers and I *love* blue on cards!

    ReplyDelete