Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Birthday - PDCC 123

Uggghhh! For being March I am NOT please with our weather! Rain, snow, and hail, with the smallest bits of sunshine. It is not optimal... hopefully it goes away soon and begins to cooperate with my need to start a garden and get my fingers in the soil!

I made this card for the Play Date Cafe Challenge 123. One of the reasons I love the color challenge's is because they push me to use colors that I normally don't use of pair together. I am always amazed at the end product and how fun it looks, not something I quite expect at time.  So this challenge had tangerine, teal, jeans, and electric green! This one probably is my biggest stretch to date on a color scheme, way too bright and definately not together, but I pulled it together, what do you think?

First I took this beautiful tangerine patterned paper by Cosmo Cricket and then layered the jeans card stock with the decorative border over it, then adding the electric green sentiments and teal embellishments for the top pop of color.  It is quite appealing, isn't it?

Supplies used:
Patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket); card stock (DCWV); Border punch (Martha Stewart Crafts); Stamp & ink (Studio G); Flowers (Recollections, K & Company); Adhesive gems (Recollections); Brads (Making Memories); Die Cut (Elegant Edges Cricut Cartridge)


2 comments:

  1. Well it might have been a stretch, but you pulled it off! It's fun when colour challenges push us outside of our comfort zone and we like what we end up with! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Tiffany! So glad that you didn't let the colors scare you ;)! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete