Friday, March 2, 2012

Flower Card

Often times I only get around to posting the challenges I submit to anymore... where has all the time in the day gone... oh yeah... to creating :)


When I am not elbow deep into one of my projects or submitting to a challenge, I love cruising around blogs or reading old craft magazines for inspiration to try something.  This last weekend I decided to try my hand at a card without a sentiment, with stamped images. This picture does no justice to how absolutely beautiful it is in person. Even my husband who normally doesn't oh and aw thought it was pretty spectacular!

The technique I tried on this card was stamping the image twice. Once on the craft which I colored with watercolor pencils for a soft look, and once again on white card stock which I colored with glitter pens and then cut with scissors and layered on top of the kraft images. It really made the flowers pop! I then layered it over a kraft card with a gold stamped texture background. What do you think?

Supplies:
Kraft (Recollections); Stamps (vintage - unknown); Ink (Studio G); Watercolor pencils (Artists Loft); Gel pens (Gel Writers); Die Cut (Cricut - Paper Lace 2); Twine (Baker's Twine); Adhesive pearls (Recollections).

No comments:

Post a Comment