Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Make A Wish - PDCC#120

Getting back into the swing of things, I started exploring more with my Cricut.  Here I tested out their Flower Shoppe Project cartridge, and I won't lie, it took my awhile to get to where the flowers looked like flowers!  I watched a great tutorial on how to use the machine and assemble the flowers that made it seem quite simple, but it still took quite a bit of practice!  The tutorial did help and gave me lots of cool tricks, but whew!  So here is my shot with the flowers:  
 I made this card for the Play Date Cafe Challenge #120, using light blue, orangsicle, and basil colors together.  What do you think of the flower arrangement? I used an assortment, I was seeing how many I could make once I got the hang of it.

Supplies used:
Flowers (Flower Shoppe - Project - Cricut Cartridge); cardstock (Recollections; Colorbok); patterned paper (Colorbok); stamp & ink (Studio G); adhesive pearls (Recollections);



5 comments:

  1. Oh, those flowers pack such a punch, and I LOVE all the layers and dimension! Do share that link ;)! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so lovely, great layering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great use of our colours, I love how you've layered the flowers so beautifully. Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the comments! I apologize for not including the link to the tutorial, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDWk-Qr16sM

    It had quite a bit of tricks.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany, this turned out beautifully! I don't own a Cricut, so I can only imagine it takes time to figure out their machine and their dies. In the end, you've created some gorgeous flowers. :)

    Thanks so much for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete