Monday, January 9, 2012

My First Cricut Card!!!

So my wonderful husband finally convinced me to get a Cricut machine.  What I mean by that, since it has came out, it has been too much for me to afford or justify.  I convinced myself that I did not need it and can scrapbook without it.  I refused to even look at them. He tried convincing me a couple of times to get one, and I would not even entertain the idea. I just was dead set on not having one.

Then my favorite scrapbooking accomplice - one of my best friends and cousin - Becky get the Cricut Create for Christmas (we fondly named him Jimminy).  In need of help for a project, I spent the day at her house, and oohed and awwed, and decided I would scrimp and save to buy one.  That I no longer could scrapbook without one and that I might need to live at her house just to use hers all the time.

I told my husband about all the cool things it could do, and then tried to play it down that I didn't need one.  I didn't want him so worried that he cut up my debit card....    Well, he surprised me and gave me and used his Christmas money to get me the original Cricut machine, on sale at Michaels.  I think he has had to pry me every night out of my craft room and back to reality.  I love it so much!  I only have two cartridges right now, so my next step is saving for new ones. 

Well, to make a very long story slightly shorter, I had to tackle two challenges with using the amazing-ness of my new machine! 

This card combines the The Play Date Cafe #113 challenge to use Juniper, Mint, and Vanilla colors, with the CARDS Magazine Create: Blog challenge of using three flowers, two butterflies, and one bird.  What do you think?


Supplies used:
Bird, Birdcage, Butterflies, and Flower die-cuts (Cricut; Bloom Cartridge); Patterned paper (DCWV); Card stock paper (Recollections); Stamp & Ink (Studio G); Adhesive gems (Recollections); Adhesive (Elmer's).

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so glad you broke down and got it, Tiffany! You will use it all the time! I use mine more for scrapping, but I found that I just couldn't live without my Storybook and Winter Lace cartridges. Check them out, if you don't already have them. How fun!

    And your card is just beautiful! What a great combination for Paige's challenge, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete