Monday, December 5, 2011

Thinking of You - Challenge Card

I am not sure about everyone else, but my weekend was quite full and I did not even get half of the needed things done (mostly because of my poor sick daughter, it is awful when they get a cold!).  So to accommodate my time restrictions and still play with all the fun card challenges, I combined two challenges into one card.  This requires a lot more thought and planning than one may think!  First off, I selected the colors to accommodate the The Play Date Cafe Challenge#109 using smoky purple, champagne, and blush colors.  Then I designed the card according to the Freshly Made Sketches challenge #13. All in all, I really loved the look that turned out on this card.

Supplies used:
Card stock paper (DCWV), patterned paper (DCWV), border and vine punch (Martha Stewart Crafts), hexagon punch (Creative Memories); adhesive gems (Recollections), stamp & ink (Studio G); 3D adhesive (pop dots); adhesive (Elmer's), ribbon (Offray).

8 comments:

  1. This is so lovely and feminine! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a soft and feminine card - love the punches you used to create the border and the touch of bling. Thanks for playing along with Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry your daughter is sick, Tiffany. :( It really is a bummer when they are sick around the holidays, too. Hope she's feeling better soon.

    I think you did a fab job combining challenges! I like the punched border along the bottom - so fun and feminine.

    THanks a bunch for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mix of punches and the girly colors! Those hexagon flowers are just too cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the frilly look! That fancy border is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a playful take on that sketch! So fun! And I'm lovin' those hexagons! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear your daughter is poorly but pleased you got a little time to join us in our challenge. I love that you used hexagons, I find them really tricky to use, but you did a great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The punched edge is so lovely! I hope everyone is feeling better... thanks os much for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete