Thursday, January 19, 2012

Collage Stamping Challenge

Greetings from a very wet, rainy Oregon!  It has been raining constantly for the past couple of days. Accumulating two inches in one day, and another inch is expected today.  I am hoping we get a slight reprieve soon....

Just Us Girls is hosting a challenge this week - #119 that requires a card made by collage stamping.  An example of collage stamping would be where you stamp a background and then stamp over it.  Here I applied that technique.  The cream paper I used is very thin, almost to the point it is like vellum, which I love the texture.  I used some swirl stamps for the background, using silver and gold ink.  Then over that I stamped the sentiment Happy Birthday.

What do you think? I really love the way this one turned out. It seemed to fit really well with the background papers.  And it was really fun to try a technique I have seen quite a bit for myself!

Supplies used:
Green patterned paper (DCWV); creme paper (scrap); border punch (Martha Stewart Crafts); swirl stamps (Inkadinkadoo); gold & silver ink (Studio G); adhesive gems (Recollections); adhesive (Elmer's).

1 comment:

  1. It fits awesome with your patterned paper! Love the touch of gems too! Hope the rain stops soon! Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete