Monday, August 22, 2011

Congrats Card!

This card was made for my boss, and when I made it, I wanted something that showcased her classic, yet sophisticated personality!

To start off, I trimmed down green Recollections cardstock to the size of a card, and then selected this beautiful flowered sheet from the DCWV Far East Stack.  Before adhering to the page, I used my Martha Stewart Crafts edger and trimmed the neat design. 

Once this was adhered to the page, I took some swirl stamps and stamped the left-hand side with gold ink.  To make the swirls pop more, I added Recollections gold adhesive gems.

I then added this thick cream ribbon across the center and knotted it to add some texture and a more "clean" look.

On top of the ribbon, I adhered a red scalloped (Marvy Uchida) punch that had the Congrats (Studio G) sentiment on it.  I punched (EK Success) the brackets from the same green card stock as the card was made from and added green adhesive gems to make it stand out (Recollections).


Lastly, I added a small strip of the patterned paper to the inside, also trimmed by the edger to tie the entire look together.  It turned out very simple, but extremely elegant.

1 comment:

  1. I have seen Tiffany's work and it is beyond good, its fabulous!

    Al

    ReplyDelete