Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thank you card - For Beckers

I recently have had good reason to give thanks to people in my life, and part of doing that is making them a custom card.  This card is for my cousin Becky, who is also a fellow scrapper.  I always admire her work and look forward to hanging out with her and "scrap lifting" her ideas!


On this card, I wanted to use her favorite colors: black and pink.  I started to sift through my papers, and settled on a pink shiny piece from DCWV the Street Lace Card stock Stack (top piece), a piece of black glittered paper (Colorbok) and a piece of white/black design that has a velvet feel (Me and My Big Ideas).


I first adhered the shiny pink and velvet black/white sheets to the card stock (Recollections) after trimming down.  Then, I used my Martha Stewart Craft punch to trim the black glitter's edge.  I then added Offray pink ribbon to the middle and adhered over the seam of the the two other papers on the card.  I then used a black ribbon by Offray and tied a bow and adhered to the right side of the card.

Then on the top pink shiny part, I used Recollections stickers to spell out Thanks (I first used these stickers on a scrap-day with Becky because she uses them, and fell in love, so it was only fitting to use them on her card!).  I then added three Recollections adhesive pink gems on the right for a finishing touch (and also because Becky loves the bling!).

She loved the card, and it served it's purpose to give thanks!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment