Thursday, April 21, 2011

Love Card - For a Contest

For the Stamping Royalty card I had entered this card in the love category.

I love the colors on this card!! I just love black and teal together!
To start off, I cut down a piece of black card stock (Recollections) with my Martha Steward Crafts edge punch.  Later, I would add Recollections adhesive teal gems to the center of some of the flowers to further tie together the colors.


Next, I cut down a teal piece of card stock (Recollections) and used the same punch on the bottom portion of the paper.  I then used my corner rounder from Creative Memories to round the top two corners.  I used this stamp sentiment from Autumn Leaves, as I thought it was so perfect to represent love (blooms once=soul mate). Later I would add black gems (Recollections) to bring out colors on the teal background.


I adhered the teal to the black card stock, then I laid it on top of the white card stock (Recollections) to formulate the size.  I then took out a small "Love" sentiment stamp and stamped the bottom of the card in teal. It is hard to see, as I added a little tulle to the bottom of the card for dimension and flair.

I really "love" the look on this card, not the classical love you find with hearts and pink (although there is nothing wrong with that either!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment