Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Card

Spring is one of the busiest times for birthdays and celebrations in our family, and here is yet another birthday card I made.  Normally, yellow is not a favorite color of mine, but this card pops and is high on the charts for one of my favorites. :)

First, I chose two coordinating papers from my DCWV Street Lace Stack.  I love the look and feel of the papers.   The top patterned paper has this slightly raised edge so you can barely feel the black design.

 I adhered them to my Recollections card stock.
Next I chose a yellow textured border strip from DCWV's border stack.  I used my Martha Stewart Crafts edge punch to add a unique design to the bottom half.
Then, I stamped a Happy Birthday sentiment from Inkadinkadoo to the yellow card stock.  I went over it with a black glitter gel pen to really make the words pop out. 

Before I adhered it to the seam of the card, I then used yellow ribbon (Offray) to dress up the top part of the strip.  This was the tricky part, as I folded it over numerous times to add dimension.  I added a bow on the left hand side and secured in place with a black button brad (Making Memories) and then adhered to the card.

I just love the colors and look of this card! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment