Monday, April 18, 2011

Contest Card - Thank You

Well, as many of you know the crowned winners have been announced for the Stamping Royalty contest by  Paper Crafts Magazine on their blog.  I was one of the many, many entries to have submitted work in hopes of earning my tiara, and although I did not win, I had a BLAST testing out my skills and submitting my work.  Here is one of the cards I made, this one was in the Thank You category. 


To begin with, I covered the card in basic black card stock (Recollections), and then picked out coordinating green colored patterned papers (DCWV, Creative Memories) and used my square punch from Creative Memories to cut them down. 












Before I adhered them to the page, I stamped two with a Thank You very much stamp I had.  It was tricky, as the stamp is meant to read it all together, so I taped it up to get the look I wanted (Stamp & Ink - Studio G).



I then adhered all the squares to the page in a grid-like format, and added a flower center by layering different flowers.  The bottom large green is a Prima flower, the black middle is a punched flower (EK Success) and the top flower is from Making Memories. I used a gem brad from Making Memories to post it to the card.  Once all was added to the black background, I adhered the black to the card (card stock- Recollections).











Lastly, I added Recollections adhesive gems to add a little eye "jazz".  :)  I love the look and color of the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment